“An outstanding education – Unbeatable value”
Latest News & Events
The fare for travelling on one of the school minibuses is £6.60 per day per child, and is billed termly. For more information and to book a seat online click here, or you can contact us by phoning 01903 812185 and asking to speak to either Mrs Chambers or Mr Relf.
What are we doing to fight against modern slavery?
To see details about our upcoming event on Wednesday 5th October and book tickets click here.
On Monday 18th April, The Towers Convent School hosted the first hub event with the aim of raising people’s awareness about modern slavery and what we can do to stop it.
Ms Colleen Theron, an environmental lawyer and modern slavery and human rights consultant for organisations worked closely with the school to start The Towers Anti-Trafficking Hub.
Inspirational speakers, all of whom have played key roles in the fight against modern slavery, generously gave of their time to launch the hub. They included Juliet Sargent, Greg Valerio, Joshua Luke Smith and Emily Carr, who is currently a Towers pupil, and of course, Colleen herself.
The appreciative audience numbered Towers pupils, Sisters and staff with a host of local visitors, many of whom are already actively supporting this movement.
Senior Towers pupils will be visiting local schools giving assemblies on this subject and enlightening fellow pupils on how they can make a difference. And so the word spreads and gathers momentum……..
To view the speakers in action click on the images below:
5 Things You Can Do To Tackle Modern Slavery…
- Research – If you don’t really know what Modern Slavery is, find out about it. Understanding what Modern Slavery is brings us one step closer to preventing it.
- Join The Fight – Join or support charities and movements such as A21, Stop The Traffik or Walk Free, so you can help pave the way for a world without trafficking.
- Spread The Word -Talk to people about how they can get involved and to young children, about what they can do to be safe.
- Shop Ethically – Buy Fairtrade products whenever possible.
- Unite – Work together to end trafficking and exploitation for good.